dissabte, 27 de febrer del 2010

THE CARNIVAL


Carnival is an important party celebrated in a lot of places around the world like Brasil, Spain, the Canary Islands...
I'm from Castelló d'Empúries. For me and for other people from the town, carnival there, is fantastic, but when you go to a town near here called Roses, carnival is excellent because they've got more days to celebrate it, it lasts from Thursday's night to Monday's evening, so at school people have got some days off. Also, in my opinion, people who live there enjoyed carnival better than ours.
I like it so much but on the other hand I hate it because we never have a float. When we have to decide which fancy dress we will wear, to choose it is a chaos because everyone want a different thing, and boys like a type of dresses different from girls so we always take a long time to reach an agreement. Another reason I've got to complain it is that on these days is my birthday and I hate it because it's impossible to celebrate it.
This year we are dressing up as painters. We are a group about 25 teenagers.
In this carnival we need to prepare ourselves the fancy dress because we didn't find one of painters in any shop, so we bought white dungarees which after we paint. When we were painting that we have a funny time together.
I've got an anecdote to tell. We painted it one afternoon, so everyone thought that in the evening the dungarees were dries but when I arrived at home with the painted dungaree, my mum started to shout because I get the floor dirty. The problem was the green paint which never dries because it was paint for fences. When I knew it I wanted to "kill" the boy who gave us this paint, but instead of this I only laughed for the disaster situation.
In spite of all, we had a really good time in all carnivals we had been, including Roses, St. Peter Fisherman, Castelló... Every night was plenty of funny.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada